The main benefit of the system is that the fence and spindle height are set once (in seconds with the supplied setting gauge) and all of the slots, tenons and profiles on the outer frame and sash are machined without making any alterations to the machine, except the spindle speed. Any size of window can then be manufactured in 2 - 3 hours, and not the typical 6 - 8 hours.
Each individual tool and spacer is numbered and every style of window comes complete with a wall-chart showing the steps required to manufacture a complete window. It´s as easy as making windows by numbers.
Many of the tools and spacers are common across the 8 different window styles thus making it even more cost effective when producing more than one type of window.
Spindle moulder specification for window manufacturing
* Sliding Table (preferably flush with machine table).
* Spindle shaft diameters 30mm or 1 1/4”.
* Usable spindle shaft height 120mm minimum.
* If using a mountable sliding carriage shaft height needs to be 160mm minimum.
* Recommended motor power 7.5 HP.
* Spindle speed 3,500 - 9,000 RPM.
* Power Feed.
* Diameter required under the machine table 220mm.
* Diameter required inside the hood 240mm.
* All tools are made from steel.
* Each tool & spacer has an individual number for identity.
* This helps to speed up the assembly process for each operation.
* Changing tools takes seconds.
* Accuracy means right first time and no test run.
* You can produce a window including sash complete with ironmongery within two working hours.
* You don’t have to understand window manufacturing but must be fully fully acquainted with spindle moulder operation.
* Each window modular system supplied by Trend will include full description step-by-step wall charts & tooling drawings. For production of Timber High Performance style windows.
* Standard ovolo profile on outer frame and sash.
* Euro groove for high security espagnolette locking system.
* All outer frame and sash joints are combed.
* Complete set of 31 tools with 30mm or 1-1/4" bore.
* Will also produce single tenon for mullion and transom joints (mortise hole required).
* An optional mechanical mullion and transom joint can be produced.
* Locating check for top-hung or side-hung friction stays and locked night vent position.
* Can also accommodate egress friction hinges allowing windows to conform to building regulations.
* 4mm groove width in outer frame to accept standard weather seals.
* Separate routing jigs available for producing a mortise for the espagnolette lock body and the slot in the sash for the trickle vent.