The NLX-310 is a compact woodworking centre providing the modern woodworker the ROBLAND precision, quality, liability and security.
The frame is designed to maximise strength and rigidity, build of a 4 mm steel plate box-construction, holding the aluminium sliding table and the cast iron tables such as saw, spindle and planer tables (weight of the machine 700 kg).
The hard anodized aluminium extrusion of the sliding table is machine precisioned and features a 310 mm wide sliding table and an impressive 140 mm wide lower beam. The heart of the sliding table is 8 hardened steel rods, inserted into the aluminium, set in a square pattern, to guide the steel bearing balls, held in a steel ball carrier.
This makes the whole system extremely wear-free, requiring almost no cleaning. Standard cutting length is 1900 mm, optional cutting length is 2500 mm. Standard motor (3) sizes are 3 kW three phase, 2,2 kW single phase, optional 3,7 kW three phase.
The machine is equipped in the standard execution with a scoring unit, driven by separate motor and a 4-speed spindle arbor (speeds 2900/4000/6000/7500). This means that even a single phase machine has got 4 speeds.
1. When working with large panels, the table surface is determinating, with the NLX-310 you have this major advantage.
2. The mitre fence and stop on the sliding table are equipped with an excentric woodclamp. Exact angles can be set and secured.
3. Standard spindle diameter is 30 mm (optional 50 mm or 1 1/4 “), the working length is 125 mm, the up-and down stroke is 140 mm. The maximum tool diameter which can be lowered under the table surafce is 180 mm. The spindle is, for changing tools purposes, locked with a lever.
The upper spindle arbor protection and woodpushers assure optimal safety.
4. The large, hard anodized, jointer fence makes edge planing easy. Thanks to its special support bracket, the fence sets at any angle without a gap between the fence and the table surface.
5. Setting the height of the thicknessing table is easy and simple. The travel up/down is 230 mm.
6. The morticer, easy and simple to detach, is operated by 2 detachable levers and equipped with a 2-jaws chuck 0/16 mm.
7. Very easy to operate, well dimensioned 310 mm wide sliding table, 140 mm wide lower beam. The result of this clever design is the very high quality of cut from the saw.
8. Standard on the NLX-310: cast iron power feed “fold away” support table. No need to take the power feed off each time the saw is used.
9. Standard on the NLX-310: the 4-speed spindle arbor with speeds 2900/4000/6000/7500. Both three and single phase machines have now the 4-speed spindle. The chosen speed can be read on both the inside and the outside of the machine.
10. The machine is equipped, in the standard version, with a separate motor driven scoring unit (scoring saw blade diameter 100 mm, bore 20 mm).
11. OPTION: “TERSA” cutter-block with 3 reversible knives, provides quick precise setting of the knives.
12. OPTION: “GILCO” universal spindle cutter-block, takes all grindable profile knives, no need for tilting spindle anymore!
For spindle diameters 30 and 50 mm and 1 1/4 inch, cutter-block diameters 145 and 160 mm, height 40 and 50 mm
OPTION: heavy duty tenoning table A4376 and safety hood A4375.
The optional heavy duty tenoning table and safety hood enables you to execute in all safety all tenoning work and makes your machine even more versatile.
The tenoning table is made of grey cast iron and is equipped with a anodized 1450 mm long sturdy fence with splitter protection and flip-over stop enabling repetitive work and a heavy duty woodclamp. The 2x45° tilt fence can be locked into any position along the tenoning table.
The tenoning safety hood is made for tools with a maximum diameter of 260 mm (tenon length 105 mm).
Both options can be mounted onto all Robland and Knapp machines (old and new).