Bandwheels are cast iron which are balanced and fitted with rubber tyres that are ground with a crowned surface to aid tracking. The top wheel is mounted on a heavy tensioning mount. Adequate tensioning is critical for accurate straight cutting and the mechanism fitted to this machine is probably the heaviest on the market at this level.
- The toolpost is a solid steel bar mounted in a heavy casting. The post is machined with a rack to enable safe and easy rack and pinion adjustment of the upper blade guide and guard. The side guides are industrial roller guides which offer a good surface area to resist blade twist and have easy and precise cam adjustment for simple setting. The rear thrust rod is a steel bar fitted with a carbide tip - a simple and effective solution that has been used by Startrite for many years.
- The tensioning system is a very substantial steel construction providing ample blade tension for the capacities of the machine.
- The table is seated on a heavy cast iron double trunnion. The trunnion is machined to ensure smooth and accurate performance and each side has a solid, metal locking handle which provides a rock solid foundation. The table itself is large, heavily ribbed and surface ground for flatness. The table insert is large enough to allow easy access to the lower guide assembly and the table slot is on the side of the table so there is an unbroken and smooth table surface on which to feed your material into the blade.
- The rip fence is deep and made from a heavy extrusion. This is fixed to a cast iron mount which is in turn mounted on a steel bar that runs the full width of the table to enable easy use of the fence on either side of the blade.
- The Trade Range of Bandsaws are built to comply with regulation BS4163, making them ideal for use
The motor is equipped with a mechanical brake, whilst user access can be restricted through the keyswitch. The doors have microswitches and the machines are fitted with a kickswitch.
Delivery and installation is available on all of our machines.
Please contact the showroom to discuss the best option for you, or submit us an enquiry using the form on this page